Sunday, May 22, 2011

I have just a little story for you.  A long time ago {okay like five or six months} I discovered the world of blogging.  I would spend hours and hours looking at all the amazing people things were creating, and all the activities they were doing with their children, and all the beautiful pictures photographers were taking.  I mean, I was sucked into it all.  In a bad way.  I started feeling like I wasn't good enough.  Oh if only I could take pictures like that person.  If only I were that crafty.  If only I was able to decorate my house like that.  If only I was a good cook and could make that meal for my family.  If only.  After a few weeks I realized what this new found love of blogs had done to me.  It had tragically bruised my self esteem.  I had forgotten about all the amazing gifts I've been given and I started focusing on all the things I wish I could be and wish I had.

I tell this story, because I don't want you guys to feel that way.  I don't want you to come to my blog and be like, "Heck, if only I could do hair like that", or "If only my hair were as long as hers".  Because I will tell you.  There are just a handful of things I am good at.  I mean, really good at.  I am NOT good at cleaning, or cooking, or being ANYWHERE on time!  I am not an early riser and I tend to be a little lazy, and slack off where ever I can!  I do not do dishes and I leave out everything!  My poor husband.  I know I drive him a little crazy sometimes!  He's like the tidy wife and I'm the mess who leaves her socks and dishes everywhere!!  I am not having a pity party for myself.  No.  I am simply trying to say, that there are certain things everyone is good at.  Our Heavenly Father has blessed us all with certain gifts.  And he has given us these talents so that we might enrich the lives of those around us.  So when you're out blog hoping and you see someone who is so amazing, and it starts making you feel a little inadequate... flip it around.  Learn from them.  Figure out what it is that makes you think they are so special.  We are what we do.  If we want to be a great interior designer, then learn!  If you don't have the time to learn, then learn to appreciate that talent in others.  We are allowed to not be perfect.

Anyway, I guess I sort of went off on a tangent there!!  I just remember feeling so depressed with myself.  How I wasn't matching up.  And it was really hard for me!  I have learned that I am really good at certain things.  I am a great mom.  I'm good at doing hair!  I'm an awesome vocalist and performer.  I am really great at laughing at myself.  I am usually very positive and outgoing.  And I wouldn't give any of those amazing talents I've been blessed with to be an amazing crafter or interior designer.  I hope you get my point.  So love yourself okay?  And remember that our Heavenly Father loves you.  And He knows you.  And He knows what you need and is aware of your circumstances.  If you need help with something, ask Him.  He's pretty amazing.

K.  That's all.  Love you guys!


Photobucket

Popular Posts