Sunday, January 16, 2011

Okay, a few people have been wanting to see what a "blurb" looks like. It's basically a blog to print program... however, I use it just as a journal. At the end of the month, I'll upload the pictures we took and basically create a digital scrapbook. For special events like Halloween for instance, I'll make a smilebox (digital scrapbooking program, LOVE it) and put it in my blurb. The interface is extremely easy to use and you can make your own page layouts. It's so easy. I have a hard time scrapbooking because I'm too much of a perfectionist, so this is very easy. One thing about Blurb, is that you have to print it through them. However, I have looked at Snapfish, Mypublisher, all those other amazing competitors, and Blurb is still the cheapest. They also do 12 X 12 books, which is what I like, so that's a plus. Anyway, if any of you have any questions, feel free to ask. I am in love with this program.

This was my first book


Some of the inside layouts in the book. This particular layout was a full page bleed and the photo came from the digital scrap booking program, Smilebox.



This was my second book. From the time I got married, until I had Boston.

Inside layouts


These next photos are pictures of my current project. I started a new book when Boston was born and I won't print it until it's at least a few hundred pages. So probably by the end of the year.

See how simple the interface is? You've basically got your layouts on the top left side of the page, your pictures you've loaded into the program on the bottom left and the book in the middle. Super easy.



This scrapbook layout was created using Smilebox

Popular Posts