Monday, April 6, 2009

I've honestly never been a huge fan of the regular Jergens Natural Glow line (well except for the Natural Glow SPF20 Facial Moisturizer), but this product was surprising.
It comes in two shades: Light to Medium and Medium to Tan skin tones. I bought the Medium to Tan because that's all that was available at my Kroger (this stuff has been HARD TO FIND since it's so new). Anyway, I've used it twice so far and it's very much un-like any other self tanning product I've ever tried (and trust me, I've tried them all).
First of all, there is no typical self tanner smell. I actually thought it had no strong smell whatsoever (Jergens is known for it's obnoxiously scented self tanning products). It's the lightest, cleanest smell. However, when you smooth it onto your skin, the scent actually disappears which is cool. First, you shake it up really well and dispense a small amount into your palm. It's best to start out with less than you think you need because since it's a foam, it expands in your hands. It's very similar in texture to that of a thick hair mousse. It really absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves no stickiness, which is what makes it unique. However, I feel that as a "daily moisturizer", it's a little light. My skin feels soft after applying it, but I still feel like I need something more moisturizing. Since it does sink into the skin so quickly though, you can definitely apply a light moisturizer to areas that still feel dry.
About the results, I've noticed absolutely no streaks whatsoever. However, I'm used to using self tanning products and am careful about applying it. I've used it twice and can already see a difference. Not a HUGE difference or anything, but very subtle and natural. I feel like if I used it everyday, it could get to be a bit much, so I might switch to the Light to Medium formula. Or, keep the Medium to Tan formula and just use it every few days.
Also, the can is a bit small. I feel like if I truly used this product everyday, it would be gone in no time. For $8.99, I feel like the can should be a little larger. But that's really my only complaint!

Popular Posts