Tuesday, February 10, 2009


Lightweight, gel-like cream. Provides a moisture-locking barrier for long-lasting protection. Instantly hydrates the skin for a smoother skin surface, and helps it look more luminous over time. -maccosmetics.com


Since I'm not usually a fan of MAC's skincare products, I was a little skeptical. I've been using this for 5 days, twice a day, and bottom line...this moisturizer is amazing. From the first time I used it, I knew it was something I was going to love and I could not WAIT to share how amazing it was. But since it's a skin care product, I knew I needed to give it at least a week or two. Well, it's been 5 days, and I can't contain my love for this any longer. I'm probably the pickiest person alive when it comes to moisturizers. Espeically ones I wear during the day. I hate having that sticky or oily feeling on my face after applying a moisturizer. To me, that just means my skin didn't use it all and the rest is sitting on top of my face. This moisturizer sinks right in and really makes my skin feel comfortable without the "unused" icky layer atop my face. Although it disappears, it makes my skin feel comfortable and deeply moisturized. It feels like a gel-cream. If you've used Clinique Moisturesurge moisturizer, this is very comparable...but better. I used to use the Clinique Moisturesurge religiously. The MAC Lightful is better because it magically sinks in without the greasy after feel that the Clinique could sometimes have.
Because of the clean, smooth effect it leaves behind, it's perfect under makeup. I haven't noticed my skin looking any more "luminous" as it claims, but it has only been 5 days. It also has a really nice fresh smell.
Bottom line: If you have very dry skin, you may need more of a cream product that is a little more moisturizing. However, I think this is perfect for those with normal, combination, or oily skin types to use morning or night...or both, like I do.

Popular Posts